Friday, March 21, 2014

Nimble Storage :)

My post from 2010 below detailed some of my storage challenges and considerations of another vendor. Due to budget/management issues we didn't end up doing anything but expanding our HP/Lefthand storage for several more years to my displeasure. Continued difficulty with technical and customer support were common so we took the approach of only upgrading or changing OS levels if absolutely needed. Every time we upgraded it created new problems or new bugs were introduced. We eventually got to the point that a good portion of the NSM's we had were no longer supported on the newer OS but were in the same Management group as newer units.

We had a large project request from an agency we serve and they had budget for SAN storage so my hopes rose that we'd be able to get something new. Fast forward a year and we are the proud owners of a Nimble CS 220. Looking back I'm very glad we didn't get an Equilogic. When considering tiers of storage I consider the Equilogic on the same tier as HP/Lefthand. We were considering Compellent until we came across the Nimble and I think we made the right decision. We'll be installing a CS240 in our primary Data Center soon and moving the 220 offsite for DR. If you haven't seen Nimble go check it out http://www.nimblestorage.com/

No comments: